hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Senior Flutter Developer who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked by Clutch for mobile app development
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here!
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Full-time, permanent Senior Flutter Developer.
- Lead project teams (Product Manager, Scrum Master, Designer, and other Engineers) in problem solving and development to deliver the best outcomes for clients.
- Work with other mobile engineers to shape Flutter best practice at hedgehog lab as part of our working group.
- Provide technical leadership for a range of projects. Participate in agile ceremonies, contribute to estimation, identify and escalate issues to product and technical management. Support clients with technical advice and elicit requirements.
- Essential: 3+ years of experience developing for Google’s Flutter platform using the Dart programming language
- Preferred: 2+ years secondary skill as a native Android (Java / Kotlin) or iOS (Swift) mobile developer, or other similar domain.
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - whether it be tracking down an obscure memory leak, or getting to the bottom of how best to translate business requirements into a fully implemented solution
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a good mobile app around areas such as performance, security, and usability
- A solid understanding of HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- Experience with, or a willingness to extend your skills in unit testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big. This opportunity involves working on an existing product which is globally consumed
- An ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
Stage1️⃣ - Intro call with our Talent Acquisition Advisor (30 mins Google Meet)
Stage 2️⃣ - Tech Test (take home, no deadline)
Stage 3️⃣ - Technical interview with the team (60 mins Google Meet)
The perks of hedgehog lab:
🏖️ 36 days paid holidays (20 paid days in Bulgaria), including bank holidays.
🏡 Flexible working environment. We’re a remote-first company, as well as offering office environments for those who prefer a hybrid approach.
👶 Enhanced maternity policy. Our maternity policy offers enhanced maternity pay above the statutory amount (UK only).
🧠 A transparent and open company culture where politics are shunned and everyone works as a team.
📖 Annual learning & development budget plus 4 days L&D leave, which renews every year.
💙 Annual wellbeing budget plus 2 paid wellbeing days to use as you feel fit.
💌 Free therapy sessions with Spill. Mental health is paramount to us. Our partner, Spill, is a Slack-integrated therapy app available to all our staff at no extra cost.
💰 Bippit financial wellbeing service to give everyone a professionally-qualified financial expert to alleviate money stresses (UK only).
🏥 Bupa health plan. This cash plan covers UK employees claiming an amount of cash back for things like optical, dental and therapies.
🥳 Monthly payday socials and annual Summer and Christmas parties. We also like to celebrate important cultural milestones.
🚴♀️ Cycle-to-Work scheme (UK only).
💻 Company-supplied Apple Mac.
👪 Family-friendly, backed by enhanced parental and adoption policies.
🌍 Inclusive environment. We never discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age. From menopausal support to neurodiversity adjustments, we’ll continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can let their authentic selves shine.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please complete this form: Adjustments to the hiring process. Please note, you do not have to have a registered disability to request reasonable adjustments.
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility.
We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.