hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Solution Architect who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- Full-time, permanent System Architect
- Responsible for sharing knowledge with commercial staff, and engaging potential clients in making sound decisions, and providing technical leadership and guidance throughout the entire process of projects.
- You will enable us to have confidence that we have architected and built our software correctly, and to industry best practices.
- You are proficient in at least one development language, and preferably more than one, ideally with both backend and frontend mobile development experience, or substantial industry experience in either discipline
- Previous experience of, development in at least one of iOS, Android, Python, or React JS environments
- A strong understanding of both frontend and backend technologies
- Deep knowledge of the services and capabilities of at least one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience of how components are designed and interact to form an efficient, cohesive, and functional, system
- Work with project teams, particularly closely during foundation, to define the solution and ensure that they understand the solution.
- Previous experience of working with a pre-sales or technical estimations team to estimate a new project or change request.
- Be able to provide the strategy team with technical advice, especially in relation to projects and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big. This opportunity involves working on products which are used globally
- An ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to criticism from your team to benefit project development
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing services.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Holly Orange, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility. We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.